Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dreaming With A Broken Heart

I haven't posted anything in over a month! It seems that this summer I have done a lot of thinking and focusing on myself, which was very much needed. Sometimes our thoughts can get the better of us and we can get lost in what could have been or what it once was. I heard this John Mayer song this past week and a few of the lines really stood out to me... "When you're dreaming with a broken heart, the waking up is the hardest part. You roll outta bed and down on your knees, and for the moment you can hardly breathe... When you're dreaming with a broken heart, the giving up is the hardest part..." It seems, in a way, we are dreaming with broken heart. Everything we once had "planned" for our lives has been put on hold, with a complete detour as to how to achieve those dreams.

 However, we have come a long way in almost 7 months. There are still days when it doesn't seem real; that we will wake up and everything will be back to the way it use to be. That day hasn't come yet, so until then we continue asking God for a miracle of any kind and praying that whatever He has in store for us, whatever our 'new' plan is, that He wouldn't let us miss it. We don't want what we have gone through and continue to face on a daily basis to be in vain and we want to be different because of what we are facing. We just don't want to get so wrapped up in our daily life and miss what God is doing in and through us!

School is about to start and I have been in my classroom a lot! Going back after 8 months away is exciting and anxiety-producing at the same time! I will also be working on my National Board Certification this year which is scary in and of itself! I did meet a new friend, Savannah, who will also be working on her boards this year so that will be a huge help! I am learning more and more the importance of friends and all that they can bring to your life. Last night I called Neely, one of my very best friends, and was able to talk about the joys and sorrows of our situation and she was there just to listen and sympathize with me. True friends are a God-send and I thank Him everyday for those he has placed in my path!

Since my last post, Brad was recognized for becoming a licensed architect which was very exciting! He was definitely one of the youngest ones in the room and he was probably among the very few, if not the only one, who completed this process in under a year! He has so much to be proud of!

Charlie

Ally

Us at Brad's licensure recognition!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment