Sunday, June 3, 2012

Big Week

On the way to the movies!


So, my last post was pretty depressing; I guess we are entitled to those every now and then. Today, I share more positive events from the past few days!

This past Thursday was our 4th anniversary! We have come a long way in this short amount of time as a married couple, especially in the past 5 months. We started the day with therapy and then we went to see What to Expect When You Are Expecting. It was so funny, hilarious even, while also telling the sweet story of different mothers and their experiences during pregnancy. We then went to Gigi's Cupcakes and then we spent the night at the Old Capital Inn. We ate dinner at Ruth's Chris, which was sooo good! Our parents were amazing! Brad's mom kept Ally and Charlie and also had a gift card waiting for us in our hotel room! Brad's dad and Cindy had roses and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us! My parents gave us a gift card for the movie! We could not ask for better parents... they have been extremely supportive since the accident! This was our first over-night since the accident and it was fantastic!

Friday, I received a text from one of my very best friends that she was in the hospital in labor!!! Brad and I went to the hospital around 7:00 and sweet baby Lorenzo was born at 11:56 Friday night! It was such an amazing experience and we felt so blessed to be a part of his birth! They are the sweetest little family and we look forward to watching him grow up!

Tomorrow is Brad's first day back at work! I think we are both sad, in a way, that he is going back. After all, we have been together since January! I do think, though, that this will be good for both of us. He really enjoys his firm and all of his co-workers. I will be meeting with my national board mentor and Claire (best friend and co-worker) to begin working on one of our entries required for our boards. This is going to be a big week, so please keep us in your prayers!


Our room!

Waiting for us in our room!



On the way to Ruth's Chris!



No comments:

Post a Comment